Thursday, March 23, 2006

The battle of the BIGgest

Hey all, how are we doing? I've just been posting once in a while now, not much to write about, have been pretty busy.

Nothing really anything new in the Hip Hop world, Ghostface's new album is coming out next Tuesday. Go out and buy it, show some support. I'll probably do a review of that album if I get around to it.

Well if you can tell by the title, I'm going to do a battle between all the rappers with the word "Big" in their name. It hit me the other day, that it seems like anyone who has "Big" in their name is usually good. So we'll start off with 4 candidates to determine, who ultimately is the BIGgest [no homo].

Big Boi [Member of OutKast]
Big Boi, co-partner with Andre 3000 in the group OutKast, he is acclaimed as a profound rapper spitting some conscious southern Hip Hop. Well as I might agree with that statement, I'd have to say that recently he needs to step his game up. Andre 3000 too. I mean the Purple Ribbon thing, had that one catchy song, but showed little lyricism from Big Boi. As fans can remember from earlier Kast albums ie ATLiens, and Aquemini.
Big L [Solo, Member of D.I.T.C., and C.O.C.]
Big L, harlem's finest, straight out of 139 & Lennox Ave. Probably my favorite rapper of all time. His music is just too legendary to ignore, a lot of the kids I hang out with, also like his music. The way he just lyrically rips the track apart really is, one of a kind. I can remember the first time I heard him ["Put it On"] saying to myself "this is my favorite, period."
Notorious B.I.G. [Solo, Member of Junior M.A.F.I.A.]
Notorious B.I.G., regarded highly in the Hip Hop community as one of the best rappers ever to grace the microphone. Like Big L, had an untimely death and ended his career just as it was beginning. He like Big L was murdered by gun shots. Everyone knows he had the overly-blown feud with 2Pac, and that no one came out winning in that battle. Though in my mind I think that Notorious B.I.G. outshines 2Pac, and they really shouldn't even be debated as who was better.
Big Daddy Kane [Solo, Member of Juice Crew]
People say that Biggie is Brooklyn's finest, but forget that Kane grew up in the same area as Biggie. So, Kane is actually Brooklyn's finest. A pioneer and legend in the game, helped pave the way for Hip Hop to become seen by the masses. Known for incredible rhyming ability especially rhyming dozens of words into one/two bars "The best oh yes I guess suggest the rest should fess/Don’t mess or test your highness/Unless you just address with best finesse/And bless the paragraph I manifest." The man is around the same leagues as the God Rakim and the teacher blastmaster KRS-One.

Well there's the 4 best "Big" rappers IMO. There is a poll for you to vote. But my standings are:
4th Big Boi
2nd Big L
2nd Notorious B.I.G.
1st Big Daddy Kane

Notable Mention: Big Pun, Big Shug [There's a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.]

Comment if you feel that there was someone I missed that should be been on the list.

Best "Big" Rapper
Big Daddy Kane
Notorious B.I.G.
Big L
Big Boi
Free polls from Pollhost.com





Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home